The health benefits of coconut oil are numerous, including skin care, hair care, stress relief, cholesterol level maintenance, weight loss, boosted immune system, proper digestion and metabolism.
For Your Hair
- It can be used as a hair conditioner.
- It can remove frizz and flyways.
- It can help you get rid of lice. Wash your hair with ACV and then apply coconut oil on dry hair.
For Your Skin
- Exfoliate and brighten your skin with a mixture made of coconut oil and baking soda.
- Make a body scrub by combining brown sugar or salt with a drop of coconut oil.
- Put some coconut oil in your bath to moisturize your skin.
- This procedure will also give you baby-smooth skin and will save you money because you don`t have to buy body lotions anymore.
- You can use it as a moisturizer when you shave. It will protect the skin from drying up.
- It can soothe sunburns and reduce peeling.
- Use coconut oil to calm eczema flare-ups. It can also relieve itching and irritation.
- It prevents chafing. Rub coconut oil with calendula to the affected area. For babies with diaper rash, put coconut oil to their diaper cream.
- Combined with essential oil is great for massage.
- For cuts and scratches, use coconut oil to protect the wound from bacteria and dust.
- If you got bitten by a bug, use coconut oil to relieve itching.
- Apply coconut oil to bruises to reduce swelling
For Your Face
- Mix it with honey and use it as a face mask. Let it act for 15 minutes and then rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Hydrate your dry chapped lips by simply applying a few drops of coconut oil.
- If there`s just a bit of lipstick left and you cannot find the same color yet, simply melt the remaining product with coconut oil.
- Use it as a makeup remover. Simply rub into your face and wipe with a warm cloth. It is also good for removing dark eye makeup.
- Protects makeup brushes from bacteria and dust. Wash them with coconut oil mixed with antibacterial soap, at least once a week.
- It can remove acne. Clean your face and apply the oil before going to bed.
- It can be used as an anti-aging tool. It minimizes the fine lines and wrinkles and is good for dark eye circles as well.
- Apply coconut oil to your lashes before going to sleep if you want to enhance them.
For Other Beauty Purposes
- Teeth-whitening. Brush your teeth with coconut oil and baking soda to whiten your teeth.
- Use coconut oil to clean retainer or a mouth guard.
- Apply coconut oil to your armpits to get rid of the unpleasant body odors. The lauric acid found in the coconut oil has the ability to kill the bacteria which cause the stinky sweat.
- Exfoliate your cracked, dry, and smelly feet with coconut oil. Also, you can add tea tree oil.
- Remove the wax residues by using coconut oil.
- Rub the coconut oil into your nails to treat the dry, crumby cuticles.
For Your Leather and Wooden Surfaces
- If you want to give your leather surfaces a shinier look, wipe them with coconut oil.
- Use coconut oil to clean the wooden furniture and your wooden spoons.
- Moisten your guitar strings with coconut oil.
- Apply some coconut oil to your old leather jacket to give them some shiny looks.
- Remove the gum from your hair, carpet or any other surface by using coconut oil.
- Clean your shower tub with the help of coconut oil.
- Use coconut oil to clean metal items, to remove rust and to give your bronze a much deeper color.
For Food and Cooking
- Apply coconut oil on your iron pans, skillets and pots to prevent food sticking.
- Also, add some coconut oil to the bottom of your pans before baking.
- Add coconut oil to your tea or coffee, instead of sugar or honey.
- Make your own nut butter by blending fresh nuts, flavoring ingredients and coconut oil.
- If you need to stir fry veggies or any other food that requires high heat when cooking, use coconut oil. It does not emit free radicals and has a high smoke point.
- Add coconut oil to your pie or biscuits instead of butter or shortening.
- It can also be used as salad dressing.
- Prepare your own granola bars with coconut oil to get the oat-nut flavor.
- Replace the butter with coconut oil when making toasts.
- Boost your energy by adding coconut oil to your smoothie.
- One spoon of coconut oil will provide you with numerous health benefits.
- When making popcorn, cook them in coconut oil for better taste.
For Repairs, Maintenance, and DIY
- Add coconut oil to your squeaking doors.
- Coat your broken zipper with coconut oil to repair it.
- Lubricate the motors of your kitchen appliances and electronics using coconut oil to continue working without problem.
- Use coconut oil-soaked cotton balls to start a fire instead of a lighter fluid.
For Your Pets
- Apply coconut oil to your cat`s paws so that they can slide easily whenever the pet is trying to hack up their fur.
- Use coconut oil to relive your cat`s itchiness.
- Your pet`s fur will have the same benefits of coconut oil as human hair.
- Add coconut oil to your pet`s daily diet as a food supplement. This will protect your pet from ligament problems and arthritis. It can also remove bad breath.
For Your Health
- Oil pulling is great for your mouth, but it can improve your overall health as well.
- Regular use of coconut oil in your diet will improve your immune system.
- Cure your sore throat by swallowing coconut oil. Also, you can add it to your tea.
- It can be used as lubricant, but it can weaken the latex condoms.
- Massage your temples with coconut oil to reduce stress.
- Rub coconut oil around your lips to get rid of cold sores.
- Coconut oil can also help with yeast infection. Consult your doctor first before using it.
- Consume coconut oil to reduce your cholesterol levels. It can also improve your heart health.
- Coconut oil can help you with stomach problems and ulcers.
- Use coconut oil to protect yourself against bug bites.
- Apply coconut oil behind your ear to treat ear infection.
- Get rid of the earwax by using coconut oil.
- Apply coconut oil with your finger into the inside of your nose to prevent nosebleeds.
- For women who are having problems with breastfeeding, they can use coconut oil to relieve cracked nipples and relieve pain when they feed their baby.
- It is great for people who want to lose weight because it can boost the metabolism.
- It can also help you fight obesity because it is low in calories. For best results, consume it regularly.
- For healthier bones, consume coconut oil because it can improve the body`s absorption of magnesium and calcium.
- It also has the ability to reduce the risk of Alzhemer`s because it is rich in ketone bodies, which are considered as the food for the brain. Coconut oil will boost your memory and improve your brain function.