Our oral health is directly influenced by the food we consume.
Yet, in the case of poor diet, numerous people suffer from teeth issues and tooth decay.
According to Dr. Weston Price, an experienced dentist, the root cause of the tooth decay is inside our bodies. To be more concrete, nuts, seeds, and beans contain phytic acid which causes issues.
This phosphorus form is found in plants, commonly in seeds and grains, and it is high in phosphorus, whose molecule is similar to snowflake. It is not immediately bio-available in one-stomached animals and people.
Therefore, it inhibits the immediate availability of phosphorus, and attaches to other essential minerals, like iron, zinc, calcium, and magnesium, and obstructs their use. As soon as it is combined with these elements, it converts them into a phytate.
Yet, it does not bind to minerals only, but it obstructs the enzymes which are vital for digestion, such as pepsin, which is essential for dissolution of proteins in the stomach, and amylase, which is needed for the dissolution of starch and its conversion to sugar. Phytates also block trypsin, which is needed for the digestion of proteins in the small intestine.
Numerous scientists have investigated the reactions of people who eat a diet rich in phytates and found that it has a significant anti-nutritional effect, causing to various health problems, including tooth decay.
Due to all this, numerous people decide to use natural homemade toothpaste and avoid the detrimental effects of phytates. Their only drawback is that they leave stains on sinks.
Moreover, some people try some healing remedies as well, such as healing clays. Yet, when combined with coconut oil, they form a texture which is difficult to be cleaned and used.
Furthermore, some people suggest the use of special tooth powder which provides magnificent effects, and it consists of spices and herbs, which are much cheaper than essential oils.
The natural tooth powder we are recommending today contains Bentonite clay as its basic ingredient, which is highly alkaline and loaded with minerals.
It is extremely efficient, and it attaches to toxins and heavy metals and eliminates them. Moreover, it is completely safe for use and removes the toxins accumulates in the oral cavity, and supports oral health, as it is high in silica, calcium, and magnesium.
It has been found to be a real miracle, as when it gets hydrates, the molecular and electrical parts of this clay change and form a small electrical charge.
What’s more, it can soak up all heavy metals, toxins, impurities, and pollutants in the body, as it absorbs all heavy metals, pollutants, toxins, and impurities in the body, absorbs them in its outer wall, and pulls them in the center.
Namely, it is a swelling clay, and as soon as it is combined with water, it swells and absorbs all harmful compounds. It is soft and safe for children to use. It can be used as a facial mask, to treat inflammation, and to discolor hair.
Along with bentonite clay, this excellent tooth powder contains other useful ingredients which positively affect teeth:
- Baking soda is highly alkaline, loaded with minerals, and removes stains.
- Cloves powder has potent antibacterial properties and enhances the taste
- Calcium powder contains calcium and magnesium to whiten the teeth
- Cinnamon has strong antibacterial properties, amazing taste, and prevents bacteria growth
- Mint calms the gums and has a delicious taste
- You can add xylitol to sweeten the tooth powder
And this is how to prepare the amazing tooth powder:
- 4 tablespoon of Bentonite clay
- 3 tablespoons of calcium powder
- 1 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of powdered mint leaf (you can powder mint leaves in a blender, food processor, or a coffee grinder)
- 1 or 1 ½ teaspoon of cloves powder
- 1 tablespoon of xylitol powder (to taste)
- Essential oils like peppermint, spearmint, or cinnamon essential oils(optional)
Method of preparation:
Mix all ingredients in a bowl or a mason jar. Then, store the mixture in a glass jar with a lid. Stir the mixture with a spoon until you get a homogenous combination.
You will get a ¾ cup of special tooth powder, which is enough for many months. As It has no liquid ingredients, and all of the used ones are antibacterial, it has a long shelf life. Additionally, you can substitute the herbal components with other herbs as they are optional.
You can increase the amounts of cinnamon, cloves, and mint, to get a more concentrated powder.
Make the toothbrush a bit wet, and put it in the powder. Then, slowly brush the teeth for 2-3 minutes. Rinse with cold water. Use it once or twice daily, and it is completely safe for adults, children, and seniors.
However, make sure you develop good oral health hygiene, which consists of a proper diet and regular brushing routine.
This will also enhance your oral health:
- Brush your teeth with re-mineralizing toothpaste or tooth powder
- Charcoal powder (activated) will also eliminate toxins and bacteria and whiten the teeth. Repeat the procedure 3 times a week, once or twice a day, and rinse carefully.